Preggy Diaries: Me and My little one's journey


Yes. We're having a baby!

It was late in September 2015 when we found out about it. At first, I thought it was just a sort of symptom of my usual gastritis or maybe just an irregular period.

At that time, I'm just starting to work as a clinic supervisor when I started to get feel weak, sleepy and most of the time I can't eat too much. One of my colleagues noticed and suggested me to get a pregnancy test just to make sure.

Sept 30, 2015. I took a pregnancy test twice (morning and night).
The result is Positive! smile emoticon



Oct 3, 2015. We scheduled to go to the nearest hospital for some confirmatory tests. My OB advised me to do a transvaginal ultrasound on its 9th week. When we heard the heartbeat, we can't hide our exemplary happiness. We're so excited! Afer this confirmation, we proudly announced it to our families and close friends.



During my first trimester, this so-called "morning sickness" made me feel so weird. I felt sleepy most of the time and easily got tired. The worst thing was that I started to eat less and got too picky with foods. I can't even eat my favorite foods, like Mcdo Fries and Pork Sinigang. I vomit whenever I try to eat much.



My weight started to decrease from 50 to 47 kilos.
My OB prescribed me some Prenatal vitamins and Folic Acid.


My partner got worried most of the time. My workplace is a two-hour travel from our home. Commuting every day makes me felt dizzy and nauseated. We both decided to quit the job since my OB also advised me to do that to keep the baby healthy.


Nov 1 2015. We panicked when I had spotting. My OB prescribed me take some medicine and advised me to have a bed rest. Thank God. My baby is fine. His/her heartbeat is so strong





Nov 20 2015. I had my first pelvic ultrasound. I'm so happy to see my baby growing. My sonologist told me that she saw some hint that my baby could be a boy, although it's too early to confirm the baby's gender. I'm on my 16th week by this time.




Week 17: Nov 29, 2015. My 2nd trimester. My belly's getting bigger now. I'm very pregnant! I can eat my usual meals and I gained weight. I guess my "morning sickness" continually wears off. Lately, I had mood swings, I cried easily and over think most of the time. I think it's because of these so called HORMONES girls, right? I hope my partner fully understands these things. (chuckles)


Week 18: Dec 05 2015. I had a terrible cough and colds. Since I'm not allowed to take over the counter meds unless prescribed. My OB advised me to take a double dose of vitamin C and increase my fluid intake.
 

Week 19: Dec 14, 2015. When we attended my friend's wedding. I started to feel his first kick.


Week 20: Dec 20, 2015. I went to the beach and never missed to take my little one on this very beautiful sunset



Week 21: When we have early Christmas shopping with my family.







Week 22: When I visited my late grandpa, who took care of me when I was a kid. Unfortunately, He didn't get the chance to see his first Great grandchild but I know He is very happy.

On my 23 weeks, New years eve of 2016. Happy new year! I read that by this time my baby can hear a sound. Hopefully, he didn't get annoyed with our noise.

I'm almost there to meet my little bundle of joy. On my next blog, I will reveal our Baby's gender and hopefully the success of giving birth. This is just some of the glimpses of my first pregnancy experience. Thank you God for all these blessing.


Comments

Popular Posts